This Is Healthful is recruiting for an immediate General Practitioner / Family Physician position.
Our interdisciplinary team of registered health professionals is searching for an energetic Medical Doctor who is passionate about health promotion and education.
We have targeted goals to expand our services, and the ideal candidate is a client centered physician with clinical experience in the full breadth of family medicine, rehabilitation, lifestyle medicine and preventative health care.
The Position Goal:
Deliver exceptional clinical practice and patient experience as a full-time or part time General Practitioner.
- Provide screening and primary care health services.
- Examine patients and review health history with the interdisciplinary team to provide clinical guidance and recommendations based on the team’s evaluation.
- Evaluate and diagnose patients’ health needs, prescribe and administer medications as well as treatments, referrals with TIH’s interdisciplinary team and as needed with external specialists.
- Educate, advise, and empower patients on preventive health care and chronic condition.
- Provide counselling and support to patients on a wide range of health and lifestyle medicine concerns.
- Participate in This Is Healthful Inc. business initiatives including continuing education, innovation, research, program development, support, and guidance.
- Follow This Is Healthful Inc. procedures for all documentation, timelines, and coordination for internal referrals.
- Provide OHIP coverage for in-clinic and out-clinic patients needs.
- Adhere to standards of best practice.
- Participate in ongoing learning for innovative, predictive, prevention diagnostics and wellness programs.
As a General Practitioner your main duties are, but not limited to:
- Examining patients and reviewing their health history alongside our nurse.
- Ordering laboratory tests, X-rays, and other diagnostic procedures and reviewing them with the patient
- Consulting with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' health
- Prescribing and administering medications and treatments
- Inoculating and vaccinating patients to prevent and treat diseases
- Advising patients on health care
- Communicating health promotion and disease prevention information to patients
- Providing counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle concerns
Full Time and/or Part Time
Flat hourly rate - Negotiable
Medical Degree (Required)
- CPSO Required
- Membership with OMA
CCFP designation or CCFP (EM) designation
- Experience in preventive care and wellness is an asset
- Exceptional and demonstrable interpersonal skills
- Ability to respectfully and tactfully interact and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds in a collegial, empathetic manner
- Exemplary team player
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Comfortable with technological advancements including ECG, stress testing, digital innovation, and telemedicine
- Knowledge and use of EMR systems
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) training
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Outlook
- Bilingual is an asset
- Family medicine residency
We offer a great work environment and the opportunity to let your excellence shine. In your cover letter please include why you wish to align yourself with This Is Healthful Inc. and how you believe you can add value to our organization.
Resumes and Inquiries
Send to Steve@thisishealthful.com
Attention Director of Operations, Steve Page
16 - 2150 Robertson Rd, Nepean, ON K2H 5Z1